Gorg's Site for Fans
Hello and welcome to the site! If you're new, look for the sign up button! If you're already a member, sign in! :3
Gorg's Site for Fans
Hello and welcome to the site! If you're new, look for the sign up button! If you're already a member, sign in! :3
Gorg's Site for Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gorg's Site for Fans

A place for AC fans to chat as well as fans of any other crazy stuffs

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stories by Harvey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ershana
ershana

Stories by Harvey Empty
PostSubject: Stories by Harvey   Stories by Harvey Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 6:47 am

Uhm, hey there! As some of you know, I am ershana, please call me Emily, and I am a big writer. Most of my time is spent writing or reading. So I might post one of my stories time and time again.

Here's a good one I wrote called, The Journey.

Summer at last. Days to just relax and hang around with some of my best friends. Unfortunately, that’s not my case. My name is Lynette. One of the most ordinary girls you will ever meet. I usually am up in my room, reading or writing, while my friends continuously call me. My auburn hair is always pulled up into a tight bun, its black speckles shimmering at every movement I make. The hazel eyes hidden behind my glasses are usually glazed over, showing that once again, I am day dreaming. People tell me that I should take pride in my pale skin and pretty features, but I just wear a normal grey sweatshirt and jeans.
I am a very smart person for someone in the eighth grade, but I do not bother to try hard in school. I’ve always kept my grades at a high A, yet I do not give my work its full potential. I think the only time I do that is when I’m in Language Arts, where I can read and write to my heart’s content. Because of this, I’m being banished from my home in Colorado, and being sent back to Virginia with my grandma, aunt, uncle, and their five daughters (two of which do not live with them). Don’t get me wrong, I love visiting them. I really would like to move back there, but being there for the entire summer might be a bit of a hassle.

It started on the last day of seventh grade. I was out in the school field were the rest of my middle school was finishing up signing year books. I gave a fleeting hug to all of my friends before hopping in the LR3 with my mom.
“Mom, can you take me to Cold Stone?” I asked, leaning over my mom’s seat. “All of the other gals are going. It’s just to say good-bye.” She sighed, brushing back a lock of her black hair with her hand. “Sure.” She said in an exasperated tone. My face lightened up with my smile as I hugged her around the neck. “Thanks mom! I love you!”
She started the car and rolled her eyes. “You should already.” She joked as I started applying more eye liner. I thought that my eyes were too dull, so I wore makeup often. I finished putting on mascara right as we pulled up into the town center. My mom gave me a quick kiss before driving off, and I ran inside the ice cream store.
I was greeted by many hugs before grabbing a single vanilla ice cream cone. We all chose a large table and started gossiping, once again, about how we were to spend our two month summer break.
“So Lynette,” My good friend, Keely began. Her mousy brown hair was caressing her round face. The smile that played around the table was laid upon her, her brown eyes shimmering. “What is it going to be like without us to bug you all of the time, Lynette?” Hannah, my fun, blonde haired blue eyed friend laughed along with the rest of our group.
Rolling my eyes, I said, “Probably loads better.” My smile was passed onto Sammi, who gave me a playful slap on the back of my head. With her long brown hair and dark blue eyes covered by bangs, she was one of my closest friends. We were so similar, it was scary. Both having a passion to write, we would compare stories all of the time.
Kianna threw her head back and closed her eyes. “What am I to do with you two?” She said in her velvet tone. Her cropped black hair blew in the breeze as she straightened back up. Sammi chuckled and gave her a little shove, taking a bite of her ice cream.
We spent the rest of the evening laughing and taking silly pictures with our phones until our parents came to pick us up. My mom was one of the first to come, a somber look upon her face. “Lynette, we need to-“ But I cut her off short as my phone rang. She gave me a stern look and I held up a hand to say that I was going to talk to her.
“Hello?” I said, looking out the window. I heard my mom sigh and start the engine, so I knew I had won. “Hey girly!” Said my friend, Kenna on the other line. I smiled, picturing her blonde hair sweeping around her round face, her hazel eyes twinkling.
“Kenna! How’s life treating you?” I said into the phone as we approached the highway. “Oh I was just wondering if we could hang tomorrow? The pool sound good, hun?” She asked. I put the phone’s microphone behind my jaw. “Can I?” I asked mom as she pulled into the garage.
“Sure that’s fine, but later we-“ She started. I cut her off again and said to Kenna, “Yea that’s fine. I’ll come over sometime at 12PM.” And hung up. As I jumped out of the car, my mom stopped me from entering the house. “We need to talk.” She said. “No exceptions. Come into the family room.” I gulped and started after her as we walked through the door.
Sitting on the couch was my dad, his hands propped in his lap, looking at us as we entered. Am I in trouble? I thought to myself. Did they find out about that thing I wrote on my website? My mind raced over many possibilities on what this meeting could be about. I only had about a millisecond to go over a thousand ideas before my dad had spoken. “Sit down, Lynette.” His deep voice rang in my ears as I sat across from my parents on a leather chair.
“D-did I do something wrong?” I stuttered. The adrenaline was pulsing through my veins as my mother pulled out a sheet of paper and handed it to me. “Honey, you got all C’s this year, except for Language Arts.” She sighed. I stifled a gasp, making my eyes water. My grades had always been bad, but C’s? I covered my face with my hands and bent down to my knees, letting my hair fall over my face.
Taking a long, shaky breath, I sat up and said, “Do I have to add tutoring to my schedule next year?” In seventh grade, I had a tutor for math, and if one wasn’t bad enough, he tortured me just as much as my math teacher did. Getting a bunch of tutors for each subject would set me over the edge.
My mom shook her head, and I let out a sigh of relief. “No, Lynette. We’re sending you over to Virginia for the rest of summer.” She said, making me fall back with shock.
“WHAT?! THE ENTIRE SUMMER?!” I yelled. My parents waited calmly as I started pacing the floor. “You just expect me to go to Virginia for three months and completely ditch my friends?! What about volunteering at the stables?! And helping around the house?! Ring a bell?!”
About ten minutes had past until my dad stopped my ranting. “You can ride horses any time there. We have Blake to help around the house.” He said. “Your aunt Sharon is a teacher, so she will help you with all subjects
Back to top Go down
http://thestoriesofharvey.webs.com
Pwnsome Pikachu
Outstanding member
Outstanding member
Pwnsome Pikachu

Stories by Harvey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stories by Harvey   Stories by Harvey Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 11:44 pm

They are good!
Back to top Go down
howletg01
Admin and head moderator.
howletg01

Stories by Harvey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stories by Harvey   Stories by Harvey Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 1:22 pm

awesome!
Back to top Go down
https://talknintendo.forumotion.co.uk
Pwnsome Pikachu
Outstanding member
Outstanding member
Pwnsome Pikachu

Stories by Harvey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stories by Harvey   Stories by Harvey Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:02 pm

Too bad we won't see the rest -.-
Back to top Go down
howletg01
howletg01

Stories by Harvey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stories by Harvey   Stories by Harvey Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 11:05 pm

we might do, if we contact her.
Back to top Go down
https://talknintendo.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

Stories by Harvey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stories by Harvey   Stories by Harvey Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stories by Harvey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gorg's Site for Fans :: Off topic :: Creativity- see what you can do!-
Jump to: